Position Opening - Business Development Director
Business Development Director
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Business Development Director is responsible for servicing customers in respective territory by increasing sales in territory by delivering customized flavor solutions that meet the customer needs.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Services existing customer accounts, and establishes new accounts by prospecting, researching, planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing and potential sales outlets.
- Maintains a high level of visibility at accounts to build strong, value-based relationships with key decision makers.
- Focuses sales efforts on most profitable business by studying existing accounts and researching market trends to widen breadth of customer and product base.
- Keeps management informed by updating CRM and compiling call reports and monthly territory sales analyses.
- Create and present professional presentations by working closely with R&D and marketing to meet customer expectations.
- Understand customers’ needs and objectives to seek opportunities for alignment and partnership.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge, and knowledge of food industry trends and concerns, by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Act as a liaison between customer and internal teams to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Execute go to market strategies for new and existing products and customers.
- Responsible for utilizing the sales process and working independently to carry an opportunity all the way through the sales cycle from prospecting, to closing the sale.
- Develop annual sales and expense budget to deliver desired territory results.
- Utilizes all available technology and Customer Relationship Management software in daily routine.
- Represents the company at trade associating meetings and conventions to promote OC Flavors
- Communicate and implement all cooperative initiated price changes to all assigned customers by set timeline.
OC Flavors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. OC Flavors. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time